January 31, 2017 (BIM Track 1.8)
- Subscription plans can now be directly updated without having to cancel the previous subscription beforehand.
- Hubs can now be deleted by the owner. This option is now available in the Hub management tab under the gear icon at the top right corner of the page.
- Fixed an issue that was preventing project editors to delete an attachment.
Several localisation issues were addressed in the French version.
- Minor bug fixes and improvements.
- Section boxes will now be saved with the issue. To restore the section box that was used during the issue creation, simply right click on an issue, and select ‘Restore view state’. Please note that this feature isn’t supported by Navisworks 2015 & 2016 due to API limitations. However, it is fully interoperable between Revit 2015/2016/2017 & Navisworks 2017 (For further references, please see the interoperability table below).
- Elements that were selected during the issue creation can now be restored & isolated by right clicking an issue and selecting ‘Isolate Elements’.
- Images contained in the comment feed will now be displayed and it's also possible to view the full size image by clicking the thumbnail.
- The ‘Save View State’ will now be checked by default when publishing new issues as we felt this was a redundant action. Please note that this change only affects ‘Create Issue’ and ‘View to issue’ features. This option must be checked manually when using the ‘Clash to issue’ feature within Navisworks.
- Fixed an issue that was causing the add-in to be unresponsive in some case when using the ‘View to issue’ feature.
- Fixed an issue that was causing Revit to crash when quitting the application in a specific way.
Minor bug fixes and improvements.
For more info, visit http://bimtrack.co