Filters & Quick Filters
Issues displayed in the Viewer can be easily filtered. Once we expand the Filters option we are prompted with a new portion of dialog box. The selectable fields are being pulled from the Project Settings that have already been created.
Available filter fields:
- Title: This allows you to type in the title, or name, of the issue you’re looking for. This is why nomenclature of the issues can play a large role in the filtering process.
- Priority: A selectable field based on the inputs found in project settings. You can add multiple conditions here. If you need to remove criteria simply click the little ‘x’ n the criteria bubble.
- Phase: A selectable field based on the inputs found in project settings. You can add multiple conditions here.
- Author: Selects the email address of the author of the issue.
- Assigned to: Selects the email address of the person assigned to the issue.
- Status: Selects the status of the issue. You can add multiple conditions here.
- Labels: Selects the label of the issue. You can add multiple conditions here.
- Teams: Selects the team issued.
- Types: Selects the type assigned to an issue.
- Zone: Selects the zone assigned to an issue.
- Issue Group: Allows the user to select the clash detective group (from Navisworks).
- Creation date: Allows the user to select a set of days where issues created between those days are filtered.
- Due date: Allows the user to select a set of days where issues due between those days are filtered.
- Display: Allows the user to specify how many issues per page they’d like visible.
- Sort by: Allows the user to sort the filtered issues by number, phase, status, zone, etc.
- Sort direction: Allows the user to sort the filter issues by ascending or descending order based off the issue number.
It is VERY important to remember that if an issue you’re looking for is missing criteria in the issue itself and that field is filled when using a filter, it can be filtered out.
With our 'Quick Filters' feature it is possible to create, share and set as default filter templates. This lets you quickly filter the issue list to access the content related to your trade. If you have a default filter configured on your project, this filter will be automatically applied when opening the issue list in the 3D Viewer. To use this feature, it is mandatory to create filter templates using the 'Quick Filters' menu from the "Issues" page on the web. Once your templates have been created, they will be available in the 'Quick Filters' menu in the 3D Viewer.
How to use:
- From the 3D Viewer, open the issue panel.
- Click the button at the top.
- Select a filter template from the 'Quick Filters' menu.
- Lastly, clickto refresh the issue list.
For more information, see our Viewer Introduction article.