Editing Multiple Issues Simultaneously
The Multi edit command will facilitate the process of editing numerous issues at once. This command comes in quite useful if we need to close the status of multiple issues, revise the due dates of all the issues in a project, and other such scenarios that may arise.
The only type of user who cannot edit issues with the Multi edit command is a project reader.
Edits can be applied to two or more issues on the web platform and from the add-ins. We’ll explore both workflows below. Let’s begin with the web platform.
To edit multiple issues, follow these steps:
- Open the Issues dashboard by clicking Issues in the PROJECT MENU.
- Hold the Control (Ctrl) key down and select the issues you want to Edit. You’ll see a blue check mark in the corner once selected.
- Click the gear icon in the top right corner.
- From the drop-down click Multi Edit.
- The MULTI-EDIT SELECTED ISSUES dialog box will open.
- Specify the conditions you want to edit such as the Assigned to, the Priority, the due date, etc.
- Click the Save button.
If a field is left blank the issue will retain its original setting. For example, if 5 issues are being edited simultaneously, and all 5 issues are assigned to different people, but the Zone and Phase need to be changed simply leave all the other fields blank and only edit the zone and phase criteria.