Views to Issues (Navisworks)
Create an Issue from a Viewpoint
When working in Navisworks there may be existing viewpoints that we need to create issues from. With the Views to Issue command, this can be achieved quickly and easily.
With the views created in the project follow these steps to create your new issues:
- Click the arrow beside the Create Issue button and select the « » command.
- The «Create issues from existing views » dialogue box will appear.
- Click the « Add> » button to move the issues to the right-side panel.
- Fill out the needed criteria’s (Assigned to, Priority, Zone, Label, etc).
- Click the « Publish » button.
Your new issues will be created and added to BIM Track with the same name as the saved viewpoint from Navisworks. If you had annotated anything in the text on the viewpoint it will be added as description into the issue.
Keep in mind that when you add multiple views to the right side of the Create issues from existing views dialogue box (As done in step 3) they will all contain the same criteria.
Update an Issue from an Updated Viewpoint
If you made some modification into your viewpoint and you wish to update your issue from it, follow the same step as before and it will be recognized by our system! The image will be updated as well as the comments and title.