BIM Track REST API
We have the production API connected with regular services and the sandbox connected with the beta services. Please note that the beta service is not the regular BIMTrackapp services and is used to get early access to feature and API version access. See links to our BIM Track API documentation as well as the beta sandbox environment URL below.
- Prod: https://bimtrackapp.co/
*For third party software developpers, once your account is created please send a request to activate with the hub name.
- Beta sandbox: https://bimtrackbeta.co/ (we will need your hub name to unlock all features)
*The beta sandbox has separate credentials, once the account is created please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org to activate with your hub name.
- First of all you need to login.
- After you are logged you need to go to the HubSettings page from the left side menu.
- On that page, only a HUB OWNER is able to generate your access token by clicking the gear in the upper right corner of the page and then "API Access Token".
- From the modal window you can generate your API access token and copy it for further use in our API test page.
- Open a new browser tab, go to our API test page at : https://api.bimtrackbeta.co//swagger/ui/index
- On that page you will be able to fully test our web API functions but first off all you need to provide your access token.
- After you apply your token, you will be able to test all the functions but first let me explain a bit the content of the test page.
- On the left side, as you scroll down or click on the main areas(File/Hub/Issue/Project) you will see the functions related to each areas.
- In the middle, you have the functions/route and parameters needed and a button to test.
- On the right side, for each functions, you have the response sample as well as the response schema if you click on it.
- After you have filled the mandatory fields and clicked on TRY, you will have your information on a modal window like this one
Q: How do I change the viewpoint image of an issue
A: You will understand how to change the viewpoint image of an issue in this video: Issue viewpoints interaction
Q: Why am I hitting a lot of "quota-exceeded" responses?
A: This happens when you make more than 10 requests per second to the API. It happens most of the time when you get the data periodically.
This is supported workflow, but we suggest you do not get the data from all the issues in all the projects in your hub since this leads to the throttling errors you are getting. Depending on how you handle these errors, this can lead to an incomplete data set.
One different approach to getting the data is to get only the issues that were created/updated since the last execution time. In order to achieve this, you could sort the data by Last Modification Date (descending order), and then stop retrieving the issues once the "last modification date" is less than the last time the query ran.
This way is much more efficient since you would be getting only a subset of the data, which in turn can be updated in your own data storage.