Newforma Konekt's email module allows project team members to instantly browse, filter, and search for/within emails and for associated file attachments that have been filed to the current project from Microsoft Outlook.
This tutorial is aimed at project creators and admins who want to set up a project so that other team members can start using the email module.
Step 1 - Review project roles
First, manage access to the Email module.
- In Newforma Konekt, open the desired project.
- In the main menu, under the Project menu, select Teams and users.
- In the Users section, make sure all the users you want to give access to the email module have at least a Reader role. In order to file emails using the add-in, an Editor role is required.
Step 2 - Configure your project email settings
Once you've reviewed project roles, head to the Emails page to configure your project email settings.
- In Newforma Konekt, open the project for which you want to set up project emails.
- In the main menu, under the Project menu, select Emails (Preview).
- Click Email settings at the top-right corner of the page.
- From the dialog box that opens, edit your email settings. To access the module, users must meet at least one of the specified conditions.
- Allowed domains - Enter the domains for which you want to allow access to the email module.
- Allowed teams - Select the teams for which you want to allow access to the email module.
- Project's email address - Click Generate email address to specify the text that will come before the @ sign of the email address. The text that comes after the @ sign in the email address can't be modified.
- Click Save.
Step 3 - Enable your team
Share our getting started tutorial to help your team learn how to install the Outlook add-in and start filing emails to Newforma Konekt. A Microsoft 365 account is required to use the Outlook add-in.
Step 4 - View and manage filed emails
Once emails have been filed to your project, you can see them from the Emails page. To view an email, simply click on it. You can also search, filter, and download emails.