As a part of contract administration, the RFIs (Requests for Information) page in Newforma Konekt enables project team members to effectively log and track RFIs throughout the review process.
Received RFI workflow
The following diagram shows an overview of the received RFI workflow. Not all steps have to be used.
- The RFI author send the RFI to the person responsible for logging the RFI on Newforma Konekt.
- The RFI manager can log the RFI directly from Newforma Konekt, or from an email using the Newforma Konekt Outlook add-in.
- The RFI can then be forwarded for review to other project team members.
- The reviewer(s) respond to the RFI. The RFI manager can also submit a response on behalf of another person.
- When the RFI manager receives the RFI response, he can submit the official response to the RFI author or simply close the RFI without a response.
RFI features role matrix
The table below provides a comparative list of feature available to each project role.
|RFI feature role matrix|
|View and review RFIs forwarded to you||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Download RFI attachments||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|View all RFIs||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Log, edit, forward, review, and close RFIs||✔||✔||✔|
|Submit official response||✔||✔||✔|
For more information on RFIs, see the other articles in this section.