- Open the Newforma Konekt app on you mobile device and then select the desired method to sign in. The application will display in English or French, depending on the system language you set in your device.
- Then, select a hub and a project.
- Tap the icon at the bottom of the screen, then tap the + icon.
- From the Log RFI form, complete the information as needed. Required fields are indicated by an asterisk (*).
Field Description Subject* Enter a descriptive title for the RFI. Number The identification number of the RFI. Spec section Select the relevant spec section from the drop-down list. You can also add a custom spec section, e.g 99 99 99 (optional suffix). Received date* Select a date from the calendar the RFI was received. By default, the received date is set to the current date. Due Date*
Select a date from the calendar for the RFI response to be due. By default, the due date is 14 days from the current date.You can also check the Urgent option to mark the RFI as urgent.
Type Select the RFI type from the drop-down list. By default, the type is set to Construction. Sender number Enter the number the contractor gave the RFI. From* Select the project team member from whom the RFI was received from the drop-down list (typically the contractor). You can also add the email address of the contact who sent the RFI. To* Select the project team member that will be responsible for responding to the RFI. By default, it is assign to you.
Please note that it is not possible to assign an RFI to a user with a reviewer role for the project. However, it will be possible to select one or more reviewers when forwarding it for review.
Question* Enter the question that needs to be answered. Suggestion Enter a suggestion for the RFI. Schedule impact Select one of the options from the drop-down list. Cost impact Select one of the options from the drop-down list. Reasons Select one or more reasons from the drop-down list. Disciplines Select one or more disciplines from the drop-down list. The disciplines in this list come from the Project settings page. Keywords Select one or more keywords from the drop-down list, or enter the keyword(s) you wish to add.
- To add attachments to the RFI, tap Add attachment. You can also take a picture or select a picture or file.
- When you are done, tap Log RFI. Your RFI will appear in the open RFI list.
Log an RFI on Mobile