Abvent has developed a BIM Track plugin for ArchiCAD 23 & 24 that allows you to coordinate your BIM projects directly from ArchiCAD. Raise issues in ArchiCAD and assign them to the corresponding team member. They can retrieve them from both BIM Track's viewer and ArchiCAD, as well as from Revit, Navisworks, AutoCAD, Tekla Structures, Solibri and BIMoffice. You can also publish models (in IFC format) and 2D sheets directly to BIM Track's viewer.
This article explains how to use the BIM Track plugin for ArchiCAD to create issues and publish models/sheets to our viewer.
For an example of a coordination workflow with the plugin, watch this video.
Before you start
- Download the BIM Track plugin for ArchiCAD from the Abvent website here. You’ll need to log in to download the plug-in. If you don’t have an Abvent iD account yet, register here.
- Make sure that your system meets the recommended and minimum system requirements for optimal use of your software.
Create an issue
- In ArchiCAD, open the desired project.
- In the ribbon, click on the Abvent tab > Bim Track > Login to launch the plugin.
- Log in to your BIM Track account with your username and password. If you do not have a BIM Track account, click Create an account.
- Once logged in, in the BIM Track panel, click on the logo in the upper right corner to select a hub and then select a project.
- From drop-down list on the left, select the desired option :
- Create Issue - create an issue from a camera position or from a selection of elements
- Localize Issue - create a question from a specific location in your models and sheets
- Views to Issues - turn saved viewpoints into issues
- In the window that opens, enter a title and fill out any other relevant fields.
- When you are satisfied with your isue, click Apply. It will be immediately accessible to other users, who can resolve it in their own software using BIM Track's add-ins.
Publish models and sheets to the viewer
- In the ArchiCAD ribbon, click the Abvent tab > Bim Track > Publish.
- In the Publish IFC Models section, select an IFC translator, a view to export and a discipline.
- By default, the model to be published is recognized as a revision to an existing model on BIM Track. If the model is not yet on BIM Track, click Create Model.
- In the Publish PDF Sheets section, you can also publish your sheets to BIM Track.
- Click Publish.
- Once the export is completed, click Close.
If you require technical support, please contact the Abvent team here.