Before you can use the BIM Track platform, you need to create or join a hub. A hub is a central environment that allows your organization to manage projects and collaborate more effectively.
As a hub owner, you can add users to your hub, set hub roles, and assign users to different projects, all in the Hub Settings page.
To create a hub, follow these steps.
- Log in to BIM Track.
- On the hub library page, click Add new hub. If you are already in the application, in the top-right corner, you can click on your name and select Add new hub for a permanent hub, or Add new demo hub for a temporary hub (see What is a Demo Hub?).
- On the hub creation page, select New hub or Free demo hub.
- Enter a name for your hub, for example, your organization name.
Once you have created your hub, it will not be possible to update its name.
- If you are creating a permanent hub, select the region in which your projects will be located. To learn more, see Data Locations.
- Canada East
- US East
- Click Create hub.
- Once the hub has been created, in the Hub Settings page, verify that the procedure worked with the region name included under the hub name.
It is not currently possible to move an existing hub or project to another region. The capability to move projects from one hub to another, regardless of the region of these hubs, will be available in the next development phase.
After creating your hub, you can add a logo (see Add/Change the Hub Logo).
If for any reason you want to delete your hub, refer to Deleting a Hub.