The image editor that will be used by the add-in to annotate the issue captured can be changed using the following method. Please refer to the procedure below if you would like to use another software such as Gimp, Pain.net, etc.
When you install BIM Track, a configuration file that can be edited by the user is created in the "AppData" folder. Various changes can be made to that config file but what we are interested in here is that you can override Windows image editor to a specific tool that will be used for BIM Track only. If you prefer not changing the default image editor for your Windows environment but use a different one for BIM Track, this procedure makes it possible. However, the downside of that this is that you will have to perform this change every time your update your BIM Track add-in as a new config file created with each update.
- Open Windows file explorer.
- Navigate to the following path:
- Open either Revit or Navisworks folder and the year associated to the program you use.
- Locate and open the following file with a text editor (Notepad is fine):
- Locate the following string:
<add key="annotateToolPath" value="" />
- Enter the path of the desired application between the brackets (""). For paint.net it should look as follow:
- Save the change and from now on this tool will instead be used for annotation using the add-in.