The image editor that will be used by the add-in to annotate the issue captured can be changed using the following method. Please refer to the procedure below if you would like to use another software such as Gimp, Pain.net, etc.
Editing the Newforma Konekt configuration file
When you install Newforma Konekt, a configuration file that can be edited by the user is created in the "AppData" folder. Various changes can be made to that config file but what we are interested in here is that you can override Windows image editor to a specific tool that will be used for Newforma Konekt only. If you prefer not changing the default image editor for your Windows environment but use a different one for Newforma Konekt, this procedure makes it possible. However, the downside of that this is that you will have to perform this change every time you update your Newforma Konekt add-in as a new config file created with each update.
- Open Windows file explorer.
- Navigate to the following path:
C:\Users\***Your User Name***\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\ApplicationPlugins
- Open either the Revit, Navisworks or AutoCAD folder and the year associated to the program you use.
- Locate and open the following file with a text editor (Notepad is fine):
- Locate the following string:
<add key="annotateToolPath" value="" />
- Enter the path of the desired application between the brackets (""). For MS Paint it should look as follows:
<add key="annotateToolPath" value="C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.Paint_11.2208.6.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\PaintApp" />
- Save the change and from now on this tool will instead be used for annotation using the add-in.