Vrex’s team has developed an integration with BIM Track that syncs issues and markups to your BIM Track account and to the VR meeting rooms to ensure up-to-date information allowing you to collaborate in real time. You can teleport directly to issue locations to discuss resolution options with your team, and then resolve them in your everyday software using BIM Track’s add-ins.
In this article, you’ll learn how to set up the integration.
2021-09-03 update: Vrex has released a model integration with BIM Track. This means that you do no longer need to manage any files for creating Vrex meeting rooms from your BIM Track projects. BIM Track is available as a model source in all projects directly within Vrex 2.0 web application.
Things to know
Here are some things to know before you get started.
- Your computer must meet Vrex minimum hardware requirements listed at the bottom of the Vrex Download page.
- Vrex works with most wired VR headsets, including Oculus Quest (connected to PC) Oculus Rift, Oculus Rift S and HTC Vive.
- Attendees can join meetings with their own headset or by using the desktop mode.
- An overview of the main features can be found here.
To set up the integration, follow the steps below or watch this short video.
- Open Vrex.
- Enter your room code and click Start Download.
- Once the download is complete, open the Integrations tab and select BIM Track.
- Enter your BIM Track credentials to allow Vrex access to BCF details.
- Return to the Vrex application and click Start to launch Vrex and access your BCF files.
To learn how to use the integration, check out the Vrex + BIM Track YouTube playlist. An issue creation guide is also available by clicking the flag icon in the main menu during a VR session.
If you require technical support, please contact the Vrex support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.