Enscape has built an integration with BIM Track that syncs issues created and edited in Enscape with BIM Track. This integration allows you to communicate design changes and quickly receive feedback from stakeholders. After your team has reviewed everything, you can take issues and comments back into authoring software like Revit, ArchiCAD, and Vectorworks to make the required design changes and resolve issues.
This article offers an overview of how to create issues in Enscape. For more information about this process, refer to the Enscape documentation.
Things to know
Here are some important points before you get started.
- You can create and edit issues either in your browser, within Enscape or directly in Revit, SketchUp, ArchiCAD, Vectorworks.
- The drop down options in the Enscape integration use the same colours and attributes that are linked to the BIM Track project.
- BCF import/export is disabled when using BIM Track.
- An overview of the main features can be found here.
Issue creation overview
Below is a general overview of how to create an issue in Enscape. For another reference refer to the Enscape documentation.
- In the Enscape renderer, press the [C] key on your keyboard to open the Collaboration tool.
- In the Collaboration panel, click the Enscape icon to change the source from local BCF server.
- Once in the Collaboration Settings window, change the source for BIM Track and click Log in. You will be prompted with a pop up browser window to log into your BIM Track account.
- Once the login is complete, return to the Enscape window.
- In the Collaboration Settings, select a project to synchronize with and click Save.
- To create an issue, right-click on the desired surface and select Create Issue.
- Fill out the required fields and click Save. The synchronization takes place automatically every 5 minutes. It is also possible to proceed manually by clicking the Refresh button in the Collaboration panel.
Issues created from the BIM Track viewer will also be available both in the Enscape issue list and 3D window. Issues created from the Issues page will not have a position and therefore will only appear in the issue list.
For technical questions and bug reports, please contact the Enscape support team using the built-in feedback function in Enscape.
For information regarding known issues, new features and bug fixes, please refer to the Enscape release notes.