To use the BIM Track REST API you must have an API access token.
Only hub owners can generate an API access token. If you are not able to do this, ask that person to create one for you.
- Log in to BIM Track.
- Select the hub for which you want to create the access token.
- In the main menu on the left, select Hub Settings.
- On the Hub Settings page, click the gear icon at the top-right, and then click API Access token.
- In the window that appears, type your current password, accept the API agreement, and click Generate.
- Your API token will be displayed. Copy it for further use and, if necessary, communicate it securely to the person who requested it. Once it has been copied, click Close.
The token will be unavailable once the window is closed.
Only one token can be created for a hub. To generate a new one, revoke the existing token.
Get the ID of the hub for which you have just generated an access token (see Getting the ID of a Hub). Most BIM Track REST API operations require this parameter.