Since Newforma Konekt does not allow to change an email of an existing user, you must remove the user and add him once more with a different email. To easily reassign all the issues, before removing the user, a custom attribute needs to be created to associate the issues to him/her. Once that is done, this attribute will allow to target those issues with the user name and reassign them to the new ID.
- In the Project Settings page, create a custom attribute with the title 'Temporary' and the Input at 'Predefined'.
- Clicking on Add allows to enter the name of the user.
- On the Issues page, filter all issues that were assigned to the user with the Assigned to field.
- You should now see a list of only the issues assigned to that user. Select all of them. If there are too many, you can modify the display by choosing the grid layout and the 'display all' option.
- Once those issues are all selected (and double-check so that only the relevant issues are selected), you can add the name of the user in the temporary field that you created using the Multi-Edit tool.
- Now you can delete the user from you HUB and re-enter his/her email. Notice that although this action will unassign the issues, because you created a temporary attribute with the user's name. It will now be easy for you to find those issues.
- On the Issues page, filter again your issues, this time with the temporary attribute you created.
- Once you see the list of all the issues with that temporary field (and the name of the user), you can select them all again.
- Finally, with the Multi-Edit tool, you can reassign all the issues to that user.
If you use this method, do not forget to delete that attribute afterwards. This can be done in the Project Settings page at the same place where it was created (click on the 'bin' icon under the attribute tab).