If you are having issues with BIM Track's performance in regards to creating issues with the Clashes to Issues tool, you can use this article.
Creating or viewing issues through the BIM Track add-in for Navisworks takes an unusually long time.
When you notice a drop in performance, the first thing you should verify is the BIM Track settings.
- In Navisworks, click BIM Track tab > Settings.
- Make sure that the Save view state from clashes box is unchecked in the BIM Track settings. Unchecking these limits the amount of information related to issues sent to our server and can greatly improve performance :
- In most cases, this option doesn't need to be selected in order to preserve the view states of your issues. However, after unchecking this option, you should update an existing issue or add a viewpoint to it in order to see if (1) you notice an improvement in terms of performance, and (2) if the hidden elements, section tools and point of view loads as they should when you click on 'view in model' on this issue.
- If loading times are still very slow, in Navisworks, under the Viewpoint tab, click on the image icon at the top right to bring up the Image Export settings:
- Make sure that the Renderer is set to 'Viewport’ and that no Anti-aliasing is applied:
- Finally, it the selection tree of your Navisworks project, right click on your source file and set the resolution to 'last object’:
- If you followed all these steps and still notice no difference, try setting the resolution to "Set Selection Resolution To Geometry" instead. Once this is done, try updating an issue and viewing one in the model in order to see if the processing time improves.
Finally, if you are under the impression that BIM Track's issue syncing performance is below what you'd normally expect, please reach out to our support team.