Creating or viewing issues through the BIM Track add-in for Navisworks takes an unusually long time.
When you notice a drop in performance, the first thing you should verify is the BIM Track settings.
- In Navisworks, click BIM Track tab > Settings.
- Make sure that in the BIM Track settings, the Save view state from clashes box is unchecked:
- It is often not necessary to keep this option checked in order to preserve the view states of your issues, but just to be sure, after unchecking this option, you should update an existing issue or add a viewpoint to it, in order to see if (1) you notice an improvement in terms of performance, and (2) if the hidden elements, section tools and point of view loads as they should when you click on View in model.
- If loading times are still very slow, in Navisworks, under the Viewpoint tab, click on the image icon at the top right to bring up the Image Export settings:
- Make sure that the Renderer is set to 'Viewport’ and that no Anti-aliasing is applied:
- Finally, it the selection tree of your Navisworks project, right click on your source file and set the resolution to 'last object’:
If you followed all these steps and still notice no difference, you should set the resolution to 'Geometry'. Once this is done, try updating an issue and viewing one in the model in order to see if the processing time improves.