If you are having issues with Newforma Konekt's performance in regards to creating or viewing issues in Navisworks, please follow the steps mentioned below to troubleshoot the problem.
Creating or viewing issues through the Newforma Konekt add-in for Navisworks takes an unusually long time.
When you notice a drop in performance, the first thing you should check is the Newforma Konekt add-in settings.
- In Navisworks, click the Newforma Konekt tab and then Settings.
- Make sure that the Save view state from clashes box is unchecked in the display settings. This limits the amount of information related to issues that is sent to our server and can greatly improve performance.
- In most cases, this option doesn't need to be selected in order to preserve the view states of your issues. However, after unchecking this option, you should try updating an existing issue or adding a viewpoint to it in order to see if (1) you notice an improvement in terms of performance, and (2) if the hidden elements, section tools and point of view loads as they should when clicking the View in model button.
- If loading times are still very slow in Navisworks, under the Viewpoint tab, click on the image icon at the top right to bring up the Image Export settings.
- Make sure that the Renderer is set to Viewport and that Anti-aliasing is set to None, 2x or 4x.
- Right-click on your source file, in your Navisworks project's selection tree, and set the resolution to Last object.
- If you followed all these steps and are still experiencing slow performance, try setting the resolution to Set Selection Resolution To Geometry instead. Once this is done, try updating an issue and viewing one in the model to see if the processing time improves.
Finally, if you are under the impression that Newforma Konekt's issue syncing performance is below what you'd normally expect, please reach out to our support team.