When you notice that an automated task isn't working as expected or simply fails to complete, you should verify the following:
- Do you notice errors on the 'Automated tasks' page of the Newforma Konekt website? If you see no error or clue about what may be happening, you can gather some extra information from the Windows 'Task Scheduler'.
- If you're trying to schedule the publishing of a central mode, note that you'll need to make a local copy of it first. Newforma Konekt won't upload central models that are not saved locally nor models for which the saved path is not accessible (because of required permissions and credentials for example).
- When you open your Revit model, even before programming your task, no pop-up or window should appear with the exception of worksets. Any other window will prevent Newforma Konekt from automatically accessing the project, causing the task to fail.
- Check that PC clock and date format are synchronized between the format set up in My Profile from Newforma Konekt. The 'Date format' and 'Time zone' should match with your PC otherwise it may cause the automated tasks to fail. To avoid any timeouts, you should set your clock based on this one: https://time.is/. If you're using a Virtual Machine, both the Host PC and the VM have to have the time-synchronized as well.
- If you're aware of any recent network or PC change, re-schedule the task. As a test to see if the automated publishing tool yields the desired result, you can also schedule a task to be executed a single time in the following minutes.
If these steps do not solve the issue you're experiencing, please be sure to contact support. Feel free also to share screenshots and any relevant details about your workflow, what was attempted and the setup of your models (if applicable). This will allow us to provide you with better suggestions.