This tutorial is aimed at Revit users who want to learn how to find their assigned issues, locate problematic elements in a model and update the status of an issue.
Before you begin this tutorial, we invite you register for our Issue Overview live training session.
What you'll need
- A Newforma Konekt account (see Create an Account).
- Access to a Hub and a project.
- Newforma Konekt add-in for Revit installed.
- Shared coordinates in place (see Set up Revit Shared Coordinates).
Step 1 - Open Newforma Konekt from Revit
To open Newforma Konekt, follow these steps:
- In Revit, open the desired model.
- In the ribbon, click Newforma Konekt tab > Open Newforma Konekt.
- In the Newforma Konekt panel, click Sign In, then from the browser tab that opens, enter your credentials and click Sign In.
- Back in Revit, select a hub and a project.
Step 2 - Filter the issues list
Use the Filters button to find issues that are relevant to you. For example, you can filter by Assigned to to display the issues that are assigned to you (see Filter Issues).
Step 3 - Navigate to the location of an issue
Once you have found an issue to work on, proceed as follows:
- In the Revit ribbon, click Newforma Konekt tab > Settings.
- In the Newforma Konekt - Revit Settings dialog, enable the following options:
Force section box around related elements
If the issue has related elements, this will automatically place a section box around the extents of those related elements (Elements are related to an issue during the issue creation process).
Force orthographic view if there is a section box or related elements
If the issue was created in perspective, you will be redirected to the BIMTrack Orthogonal View (see Retrieving Newforma Konekt Perspective View Issues in Revit).
- Force section box around related elements
- When you are finished, click on Save.
- Click View in Model in the upper right corner of the issue. You can also preview the issue by clicking on the image thumbnail in the list.
Step 4 - Make the necessary changes to the model
Once you have identified the problem, make the necessary changes to the model. You can then add additional viewpoints to the issue to document your work.
To do this, in the upper right corner of the issue, click on the three dots icon > Viewpoint and select one of these options:
- Add a location - If you want to locate a specific point in the model and, therefore, add a corresponding sphere in Revit.
- Add from current view - If you simply want to add the view of the updated model.
If you have any questions or comments about the issue, double click on the issue to add a comment mentioning a colleague or team (@mention). You can also click the View/Edit button.
Step 5 - Update the issue status
Congratulations! You now know how to retrieve and edit issues in Revit. To learn how to create issues, see Creating Newforma Konekt Issues in Revit.
- Watch our webinar Issue tracking directly in Navisworks & Revit.
- Read our blog post From confusion to collaboration: My journey through the evolution of BIM coordination.