VRcollab integration with BIM Track allows you to collaborate virtually with your teams across the world and participate in multiuser internet meetings with your desktop or virtual reality devices.
You can also export your coordination models directly from your BIM and 3D models, such as Revit, Navisworks, Archicad, Rhino3d, Sketchup, OBJ, FBX, IFC.
This article explains how to set up the integration. For information on how to export BIM and 3D models into VRcollab, click here.
Related: Get 5 tips for taking BIM into Virtual Reality with VRcollab and BIM Track
Things to know
Here are some important points before you get started.
- Before using VRcollab and BIM Track together, you must download and install the latest VRcollab version.
- VRcollab works with many of the off the shelf VR devices such as HTC VIVE, HTC Cosmos, Oculus Rift, Oculus Rift S and Windows MR series (see the most current list here Virtual Reality (VR)).
- Revit & Navisworks 2022 are not currently supported (see Supported BIM Softwares and Formats).
- An overview of the main features can be found here.
Set up the integration
Follow the steps below to set up the integration. If you have been invited to join an organization, click the link in the invitation email.
- Log in to the VRcollab Portal.
- In the left menu, under Personal settings, click Account.
- Under Email Settings, add your BIM Track email address to link your BIM Track account.
- Once you're done, log out and open VRcollab desktop application.
- In the top right corner, click Settings > Profile and log in with BIM Track.
- Once you've logged in, click on the Change button beside the issue manager.
- In the pop up window that appears, change your Source to BIM Track™, select your BIM Track™ Hub and select your Project.
- Once you're done, click Save.
- Click Launch to open the VRcollab Viewer.
- In the left panel, click the Docs tab to access your project's issue. You can also click the Settings tab to configure options.
If you require technical support, please contact the VRcollab team from the VRcollab desktop application.