Project managers can get an idea of their team’s workload and what’s a priority to solve using BIM Track's interactive metrics.
This article is for project managers who want to learn how to quickly measure a project’s health. It contains different techniques to find issues and share the results with your team.
For more information, read our blog post exploring metrics for project managers BIM Track for PMs: Why you need it and how to assess project health.
Issues by user
Use the default filter in the issue attributes chart to see who the issues are assigned to.
- In BIM Track, open the desired project.
- In the main menu, under Project menu, select Metrics.
- On the Metrics page, issues are filtered by Assigned to. Click on a portion of the chart to see all issues assigned to that user.
- Drill down by either issue author, issue group, label (usually by discipline), construction phase, priority, status, type, or zone (see A deep dive into Issue Attributes).
Issues by status and priority
You may also be interested in issues with a particular status and priority.
- Change the dropdown option to Status.
- Click on the portion of the chart in which you are interested, for example new issues.
- Drill down by Priority to see all critical issues.
- To see what those critical issues are, you can filter by Type.
Issues by group
When pulling issues in from Navisworks, you can filter issues by group to see what clash test issues came out of and where other issues are coming from.
- Change the dropdown option to Group.
- Click on the portion of the chart in which you are interested
- Drill down to refine your search.
If you run a search with the same criteria frequently, you can save it as a quick filter. To do this, click issues found and then create a quick filter that you can make available to all project users.