This article explains what Single Sign-On is and how to sign in to your BIM Track account with Microsoft. It contains the following sections:
- What is Single Sign-On (SSO)?
- What are the the benefits of SSO?
- How can I log in to BIM Track with my Microsoft account?
What is Single Sign-On (SSO)?
Single sign-on (SSO) is an authentication method that allows users to sign in using one set of credentials to multiple independent software systems.
Currently, BIM Track only supports Microsoft Single Sign-On for cloud directories.
What are the benefits of SSO?
Some of the benefits of SSO are:
- Enhanced security - Reduce the reuse of passwords across apps to help minimize the risk of breaches.
- Streamlined account management - Centralize user account management and automatically remove user access across all systems at once.
- Simplified user experience - Provide a superior sign-in experience by limiting the number of passwords employees have to remember.
How can I log in to BIM Track with my Microsoft account?
The first time you sign in with Microsoft, you'll need to go through a few steps to link your Microsoft account to your BIM Track account.
Please note that once you start using SSO, you will not be able to log in using your BIM Track credentials.
- On the BIM Track login page, click the Sign in with Microsoft button.
- Pick your professional Microsoft account, then give BIM Track permission to sign you in by clicking Accept.
- Click the Link accounts button to start using SSO.
By doing so, you will no longer be able to use your BIM Track credentials and so will not be able to reset the password. To do so, log in to your Microsoft account.
To sign in to your BIM Track account, you can now just select the Microsoft button.
For additional security, enable multi-factor authentication on your Microsoft account to reduce the risk of unauthorized access.