BIM SyncShare enables you to automatically synchronize files between internal servers and external locations, such as Autodesk Construction Cloud, OneDrive and Google Drive, with your BIM Track instances. This allows collaborators to have access to the latest versions of the files they need.
In this article, we'll explain how to configure integrations and define synchronizations between integrations. For more information on how to get started with BIM SyncShare, watch this video.
Things to know
Here are some important points before you get started.
- You need both a BIM SyncShare account and a BIM Track account to configure the integration.
- A BIM SyncShare project contains working folders that map to folders in your configured integrations. It is also where you define synchronizations and invite collaborators.
- You can also define synchronizations between two integrations without a project or working folder.
- Supported file formats for the BIM Track integration are IFC and IFCZIP.
Integrations are defined credentials which will be used to access BIM Track or other cloud platforms. To configure the BIM Track integration, follow these steps.
- Sign in to BIM SyncShare.
- In the header, click Integrations.
- In the Integrations page, click the Add Integration button.
- Select BIM Track as the integration type and give the integration a description (for example, My BIM Track integration).
- Click Add. This will open a new browser tab to authenticate BIM Track.
- Back in BIM SyncShare, you can configure any other integration you want.
Define synchronizations between integrations
Once your integrations are configured, you can connect them via synchronizations. A synchronization will copy files from a working folder to one or more target folders. To add a synchronization, follow the steps below.
- In the header, click Projects.
- In the Projects page, open the desired project. You can also add a project by clicking the button in the upper right.
- Next, go to the Files page from the left menu to create a working folder.
You can also define synchronizations between two integrations without a project or working folder. To do so, go to the Synchronizations page.
- In the Files page, click the gear icon > Add a working folder.
- In the dialog box that appears, give the working folder a name and define the required elements, including the source folder, the integration, the token, etc.
- Once done, click Select. If desired, you can add files to the folder.
- Then, select the folder and go to the Syncs tab from the files menu on the right to create a synchronization from that working folder to the targeted folders.
- In the Syncs tab, click the + Sync button at the bottom right.
- In the Add Synchronization dialog box, give the synchronization a description and choose whether you want to include all the files or specific ones.
- Once done, click Next. You can then select the target folder.
- In the dialog box, define the required elements, including the target folder, the integration, the token, etc.
- When done, click Add.
- Back in the previous widow, you can add any other target folder you want or simply click Create.
- Once files come in, you'll be able to download, transfer and share them.
If you require technical support, please contact the BIM SyncShare team at email@example.com.