The NextGen Viewer is currently available in beta. We invite all users to provide feedback about the new experience via the Ideas portal.
When you open the NextGen Viewer, you’ll find yourself in the model explorer where you can display IFC model files previously added in the legacy viewer. To do this, follow these steps:
- In BIM Track, open the desired project.
- In the main menu, under Project menu, select Viewer.
- If you have not already done so, import your models into the legacy viewer (see Import an IFC Model).
- If needed, you can create folders to organize your models (see Add a Folder).
Folders created in the legacy viewer will also be found in the NextGen Viewer.
- Once done, in the header, click Try the new viewer (BETA). The NextGen Viewer opens in a new browser tab.
- In the main panel, under the Models tab, hover over each model you want to display and click the toggle button.
- When a model is toggled on, you can expand the model tree to see all the elements and objects of the model.
- You can also select elements, view element properties, and use the navigation and clipping tools in the toolbar.